Bouldering has become one of my interests only recently when I was pressured into climbing for the first time by my younger sister who had developed the interest a little earlier and was anxious to show it off. I have since made the effort to boulder whenever it works with my busy schedule. Momentum Indoor Climbing Gym, the one I go to, is a bouldering gym that has a variety of walls and courses with different difficulty levels that they update and change regularly. One of my favorite walls to climb is the “World Cup Bouldering” wall where you can try to climb official final and semi-final courses from the competitions. This weekend, I was finally able to reach the top of a World Cup Bouldering route I had been working on for weeks. Climbing requires strength, technique, and a certain indifference to heights. The particular wall that I finished definitely included all of these.
As a weekend craft, I decided to make a chunky knit blanket following a youtube tutorial. I had recently started knitting but had not yet tried hand knitting. I used the Bernat chunky blanket yarn and was able to follow the tutorial easily enough. I struggled with getting the right tension at first and naturally, as a perfectionist, I had to redo the beginning multiple times until I got it just right. I put on a movie and sat for three hours on the floor just working on the blanket. In the end, I had my very own chunky blanket. Through this process, a strength I demonstrated was perseverance with working through new skills and a weakness that I could work on is being more forgiving for slight imperfections.
Comments
Post a Comment