This summer my family visited Yellowstone National Park. We did lots of hiking while we were there and even some swimming. One of my favorite hikes and also one of the longest ones was the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone hike. My family and I did a trail that ran adjacent to the canyon and offered fantastic views of the river below. This hike was made more challenging because of the steep incline and high altitude. The hike itself was several miles so it took almost all morning. I love hiking and am generally a very active person so the incline was very manageable. I do tend to let myself get overheated in the summer and sometimes forget to drink water so an area that I could stand to grow in is not overdoing it and make sure to stay hydrated.
As a weekend craft, I decided to make a chunky knit blanket following a youtube tutorial. I had recently started knitting but had not yet tried hand knitting. I used the Bernat chunky blanket yarn and was able to follow the tutorial easily enough. I struggled with getting the right tension at first and naturally, as a perfectionist, I had to redo the beginning multiple times until I got it just right. I put on a movie and sat for three hours on the floor just working on the blanket. In the end, I had my very own chunky blanket. Through this process, a strength I demonstrated was perseverance with working through new skills and a weakness that I could work on is being more forgiving for slight imperfections.

Comments
Post a Comment