Today the Post Oak High School had a High School Experience and Open House. As a student ambassador, I stayed until 9:00pm to help prepare and then execute this event. This afternoon was particularly busy as in addition to the usual open house presentation for prospective students and families, we also had a presentation for current Middle School Post Oakers about the transition to High School. The first few hours were spent preparing the slides, rehearsing the presentations and setting up the chairs and tables for the occasion. My job was to give a presentation, alongside two other students, about the science department at Post Oak. I then also answered any questions that the prospective students and their families asked. The Open House guests were split into three groups so I had to give the presentation three different times. I tend to get nervous when presenting in front of people, regardless the size of the group, so this was out of my comfort zone but the event with smoothly and reaffirmed that I can do presentations even when I doubt myself.
As a weekend craft, I decided to make a chunky knit blanket following a youtube tutorial. I had recently started knitting but had not yet tried hand knitting. I used the Bernat chunky blanket yarn and was able to follow the tutorial easily enough. I struggled with getting the right tension at first and naturally, as a perfectionist, I had to redo the beginning multiple times until I got it just right. I put on a movie and sat for three hours on the floor just working on the blanket. In the end, I had my very own chunky blanket. Through this process, a strength I demonstrated was perseverance with working through new skills and a weakness that I could work on is being more forgiving for slight imperfections.
Comments
Post a Comment